After three years of development our watch is finally here. Produce something sustainable and contributing to solving the plastic soup and raising awareness are our three most important pillars. With that we want to be transparant and honest in everything we do.
So what exactly do we do to be as sustainable and eco-friendly as possible? Some bullet points...
- Long-lasting design - The Gyre SeaCleaner is made to last with top quality recycled material and we prevented the need to change batteries by using a high-quality Japanese solar movement by Seiko Epson.
- Reusability and recyclability - Zero-waste packaging and we're working on a program to take in your old Gyre and recycle the material and parts in new models. For which you'll get a discount.
- Sustainable materials - Recycled fishing nets from the ocean for the case and strap. As well as a solar powered movement, so no need for batteries.
- Environmentally friendly factories - Non-toxic dyes for fabrics and an ethical workforce.
- Sustainable Distribution - Zero-waste shipping and no single use plastics
- Something else - We aim to be as sustainable as possible. From the material of our watches up until the use of the most sustainable and social conscious bank in The Netherlands for our banking. In addition we will always be on the lookout for any new ways to improve our sustainable practices.