PRE-ORDER YOUR GYRE SEACLEANER NOW
A sustainable and eco-friendly product does not have to lose out on style and comfort. The Gyre SeaCleaner is made from recycled fishing nets, saved from the Indian Ocean.
- 42mm case made out of recycled ghost fishing nets.
- Green striped NATO-strap made out of 100% recycled PET bottles.
- Japanese solar movement, 3 hours of light are good for 6 months of power
- Anti-reflective sapphire crystal.
- Stainless steel case back, for comfortable wear and protection.
- Water resistant to 100 meters/10 bar.
- Assembly in The Netherlands.
SYMBOL OF CHANGE
The SeaCleaner is a symbol of change. A French design, a high-quality Japanese solar powered movement - no need for battery replacement - and assembly that takes place in The Netherlands. To keep it ‘green’, GYRE sticks to a black case. As this is the original color of the recycled material and the only possible way to make everything as sustainable as possible.
FROM NET TO WATCH
Local fishermen collect the fishing nets from the sea and deliver them to the recycler. They receive a fee for this, which means Gyre also contributes to the local economy. The nets are then cleaned and made into pellets for the watch case. GYRE is currently working on the last steps to make a strap that is also made out of fishing nets. The strap is now made entirely out of recycled plastic bottles.